Saturday, March 27, 2010

He Has A Need To Earn Your Time

Believe it or not there are times when women find men just as complicated as men find them. What do I mean? Well it seems that some ladies think that if they immediately give guys everything they desire that it will somehow make them more valuable that man. Unfortunately they find out, much to their dismay, just the opposite happens. Why do men react this way? Well there is a need within males to conquer things or, to put it a better way, a need to feel that they were somehow able to earn your time, attention and favor. When this takes place they feel good about what they have acquired and place more value on it. This is not necessarily a conscious thing within them, but it is certainly there. If a guy doesn’t earn your time, he will  more than likely take it and you for granted. It won’t mean very much to him. If he can have everything he desires from you without any kind of effort, then he’ll more than likely find someone else who makes him earn it and come back to you whenever he feels the notion. In his mind you are just easy and will always be there. I know this sounds like I am telling you to play games with him, but I am not. What I am telling you is that you need to understand the way men determine value. When you understand it, then go ahead and act accordingly. Don’t be vindictive. Just reserve some of yourself by making him earn your time and attention. I had a friend who was always talking to this guy on the phone and was wondering why he never asked her out. I told her that he didn’t have to take her out because he felt that he was spending time with her on the phone. Now ladies you and I both know that talking on the phone is not really spending time with someone, but he thought so. After allowing her to gather herself, I explained to her what she needed to do if she wanted him to take her out. You’re waiting for me to tell you what I told her? Oh okay. I told her that when he called she should be very happy to hear from him, but make the conversation short. Let him know that she was busy taking care of the laundry, homework, cooking dinner or whatever. However, she should always let him know that she is sorry that she has to go, she really enjoyed hearing from him and is looking forward to spending time (wink, wink) with him again. Within one week he was asking her out to dinner. Now I would like to reiterate that I am not saying that you should play games with anyone’s heart, but what I am saying is that you need to understand, like my friend did, how men determine value.

No comments:

Post a Comment